Bass & Hays Foundry produced gray iron castings at its Grand Prairie location for many years. Located in Grand Prairie Texas, in Dallas county, by the old US Naval Air Base. The land was purchased in the 1930’s by our founder, Marvin Hays, and was the original home in this area to the Hays family.
Marvin apprenticed at Taylor Foundry in Wichita Falls Texas, and was later a foreman at Dallas Foundry in Dallas Texas. For many years he also ran a part-time “backyard” foundry behind the Hays home, which later became the original foundry’s location. His son, “Jack”, grew up doing foundry work and apprenticed on a U.S. Navy tender ship in the Mediterranean in the 50’s, and later worked at Dallas Foundry as a pattern maker where Don Bass was sales manager. In 1958, the three of them converted Marvin’s part time backyard foundry into a new business, Bass & Hays Foundry. They incorporated with the state of Texas in 1966 becoming Bass & Hays Foundry, Inc. Marvin Hays insisted on nothing less than total honesty and integrity in his business dealings and insisted on the highest quality possible in his products. The slogan on Marvin’s business card was “If it’s cast iron, we make it”.
Today, Bass & Hays Foundry, Inc. remains 100% family owned and operated. We have been located at the same Dallas/Fort Worth address for over 59 years, and are committed to the same high standards and values as our founder. We will go the extra mile, even if we don’t “have to”. Insist on genuine BH® “Made in USA” products whenever you purchase municipal castings and products. Our brand represents four Texan generations who are totally committed to providing top quality castings and products and superior service to the industry.