Doing business with us:
- Application for credit– Note: You must have a valid Texas Tax ID or Social Security number. Other requirements may apply. Please submit only fully completed forms.
- Texas Sales and Use Tax– resale and exempt by job forms.
- Bass & Hays W-9 is available by request only.
- Questions? Please contact us or call us toll free at 1-800-258-2278
Want to work for us?
- Application for employment– Note: You must be a legal U.S. citizen or have a legal and valid work authorization issued by the United States Federal Government to work in the United States.
- Send us your resume. We are always on the lookout for good talent. We are always considering other positions such as sales and marketing. Any specific jobs that become available in the future will be posted here.
- Questions? Please use our contact form or call us toll free at 1-800-258-2278
To send us your completed forms or other files–
- Use the Contact Page. Attach files using the SELECT FILES button, copy/paste or drag and drop your files directly into the form. Fill out the contact form completely- we cannot reply without your contact info. Click the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page. Note- this server will automatically reject any file containing malware sent thru it. We will reply on our basshays.com exchange mail server which is 100% Trustwave compliant.
- If you do not want to use the contact page– please bring your completed and signed forms to our office in person at 238 S. Bagdad Rd. Grand Prairie TX 75050 during normal working hours. For business forms see our office manager or for employment applications see the HR manager. Alternatively you may also send us paperwork via USPS mail, (certified & signature return receipt) or via FedEx to 238 S. Bagdad Rd. Grand Prairie Texas, 75050. We are not liable for misdirected, slow, lost, or stolen mail.
Bass & Hays Foundry’s founder, Marvin Hays was born in 1904 somewhere around Wichita Falls, Texas. Raised by his daddy and his oldest sister, he grew up chopping wood and picking cotton. He met his wife Mary in Wichita Falls in the early 1920’s where he worked on her daddy’s farm. While still in Wichita Falls he apprenticed for the trade at Taylor Foundry. They moved to the Grand Prairie area in the 1930’s, bought land and built a homestead. For many years Marvin ran a part time backyard foundry behind the home. This was the original Hays foundry location. Later during the 1940’s, he became foreman at Dallas Foundry, and continued to run his home foundry “part-time”.
Marvin’s son Jack, learned the trade while doing work in the family’s shop. In the early 1950’s, he apprenticed on the U.S. Navy’s “U.S.S. Grand Canyon”, which was a destroyer converted into a tender ship. Onboard there was a foundry and machine shop and anything the Navy needed for another ship could be made, fixed or rebuilt anywhere in the world. By that time Jack had learned to be an excellent machinist, pattern man, and craftsman. Coming home he got a job at Dallas Foundry where Marvin was still foreman, and their good friend Don Bass was sales manager.
In 1958, the three of them decided to pool resources and convert Marvin’s part time backyard foundry into a new business called Bass & Hays Foundry. Dallas Foundry was in the process of closing, so Bass & Hays bought much of their inventory of patterns. In 1966, Bass & Hays incorporated with the state of Texas becoming Bass & Hays Foundry, Inc., and the old Hays home was converted into the 238 S Bagdad office. Marvin’s business slogan was “If it’s cast iron, we make it”. He insisted on nothing less than total honesty and integrity, and selling the highest quality products while providing the best service around. He believed in putting in an honest work week, Monday thru Friday, and using the weekends for taking care of the most important things like family, hunting and fishing.
Located in Grand Prairie, near the train tracks and the old US Naval Air Base, Bass & Hays Foundry produced quality and competitively priced gray iron castings for many years. Sixty years later, Bass & Hays Foundry, Inc. remains 100% Texas family owned and operated with an outstanding sales force and work crew committed to the same high standards and values as their founder. We still go the extra mile even if we aren’t asked to, and are committed to providing you with the absolute best in quality American made municipal products and superior unmatched customer service.
All Bass & Hays® brand products are “Made in USA”. We are manufacturer’s representatives and stocking distributors of the highest quality American made brands like EJCO®, Oldcastle®, and many others. Insist on genuine BH® brand products whenever you purchase municipal castings, durable goods and products.
At Bass & Hays Foundry, Inc. We got you covered™